Friday, March 30, 2007

On the Road Again...



So I promised an update of the road trip that all the interns took on Wednesday... sorry it's been a couple days.

We all showed up to the church around 7:30 and all 12 of us piled into this HUGE 13 passenger van. Those kinds of vans scare me simply because they are so huge and when I was little I had this phobia of the front of the van separating from the back of the van. And, in my head, if you were sitting in the back of the van you would be lost in the middle of no where because the driver wouldn't even realize that the back of the van had completely fallen off. Crazy, I know, but, somewhere in my mind it still scares me. Anyways, we took off for the 5 freeway and still had no idea where we are going, I was surprised that we didn't hit very much traffic, but we made it to Hollywood in about 2 hours.

The van ride there was probably my favorite part of the whole trip because we all had to sit in a very specific order and I sat next to some people that I didn't know very well, so it was fun getting to know them a little bit better. Once we got to Hollywood we drove around for a little bit looking for this breakfast place called the griddle. It was AMAZING. If I had been walking down the street I would have never walked into there to eat, because it is such a hole in the wall kind of a place, but it was delicious. All of us decided that it would be fun if everyone ordered something different, that way everyone could taste everyone else's breakfast. I don't remember what everyone got, but i do remember that my french toast was amazing and that Stephen's pancakes were bigger than his face and that they had oreo's mixed in the pancake batter!!

After breakfast, we took off to the second mystery place of the day which was this little cupcake place called Sprinkles. Jana jumped out and picked up some cupcakes and when she got back in the car she said, "Ok, this game is just for the ladies! Guess how many cupcakes I bought and how much they were each!" we all guessed and my guess was the closest, so she gave me a shirt from the Sprinkles shop!! SO FUN!!

Our third mystery stop was at NBC Studios. We got to be the audience for a filming of Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader. It was super fun! My friend Shaun and I sat right next to the contestants family members so we for sure will be on TV!!! We screamed and clapped so much that it hurt to talk and our hands were tingling when we left!

After leaving the Studio, we got back on the freeway and went to Ruby's on Huntington Beach Pier. And, if that had been the only thing that we had done all day, I would have been more than happy, because eating at Ruby's on the Pier, either in Newport or Huntington Beach, is one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world. We had a great lunch/dinner and then came home.

It was seriously the BEST day ever! Jana, Ryanne and Josh all said that we're going to be having another road trip sometime, and I CAN'T WAIT!

3 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

So fun! We never got a roadtrip when I was there... Did you see the moon in the top right corner of your last picture?

ponch0 said...

That sounds like soooo much fun!
:-)

<333 Poncho

Josh_ewe_a said...

How fun is that??? Well, from what you said, VERY fun. Fun Convos, fun breakfast, fun shirt contests, fun game show, fun Ruby's on the Pier, and fun people. Well done Griff, Ry, Jana, and peeps. Oh, by the way, "you are racist!" I hope you are having a blast in AZ.