Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm giving up Starbucks


So... I’m giving up Starbucks because I have always wanted to go to Europe. I know that these two things seem completely unrelated, but they're really not. Bethany and I did the math and we figured out that we spend about $100 bucks every month on Starbucks (ridiculous, I know). And, $100 times 12 months is a trip to Europe!

The rules are that we will not buy Starbucks (weekends excluded) for a year and we can only buy Starbucks during the week if we have a gift card, or if someone else is buying. If we aren't strong enough to withstand our withdrawals during the week then we have to take money out of our savings for our trip to Europe to pay for it. We have already gone through caffeine withdrawal headaches... so I’m hoping that the worst is over. I think that we can totally do this... I'm VERY excited!!

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

hmm..its a good idea in theory

E.Money said...

i support you guys! i might do it as well...:)

Christine.Marie said...

does that mean that you can go to coffee bean?

David T. Ulrich said...

i am incredibly proud of you.

starbucks is a waste.


i think i will write a hate blog towards starbucks.

[just kidding - they actually do some great things. people just spend way to much money on it]

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being smart. However, if you break down and go to Starbucks after all, here are two suggestions.

1. Get tea. Iced or hot. (get it hot and a venti cup of ice and then your honey mixes in the hot tea, then you pour it over the ice and it's great.) AND its like $1. Way cheaper than most things there.

2. Get water. It's free, good for you, triple filtered (and seriously, that kind of love and care doesn't go into their other drinks. Triple filtered. That's 3 times the effort on their part. How nice is that?) and I think it tastes like coffee a little bit too.

Brent said...

Brilliant. I applaud your efforts. Europe here you come.

Maybe you can save enough to bring me along.

b.hurst said...

i really like this idea for several reasons.