Monday, June 18, 2007

Why I love going to baseball games...


I LOVE baseball... and I LOVE going to baseball games. But, sometimes the games are fun just because of the people that you are with and not just because it's baseball.

Tonight I went to a baseball game with a bunch of people from the '20 something’s' group at church. It's called EPIC. It was super fun... and the Angels won!

Reason #1 why I love baseball games: It is ok to wear cheesy shirts that support your team and scream and jump around out of control when something awesome happens. If every time something awesome happened in every day life and your reaction was to scream and jump out of your chair, people would say that you're weird... at baseball games this kind of behavior is encouraged... that is very fun.




Reason #2 why I love baseball games: When the picture of the batter is up on the screen and they have an INCREDIBLY awkward smile... hilarious.



Reason #3 why I love baseball games: When my friends and I decided to smile in pictures and make awkward faces just like the guy who just had their picture up on the big screen.



Reason #4 why I love baseball games: Nachos and Red Vines


Reason #5 why I love baseball games: Watching crazy people. I ALWAYS seem to sit next to these people... it's a blessing because of all the fun stories I come home with. Tonight it was a guy who was REALLY enjoying his hotdog. SO funny!

4 comments:

Christine.Marie said...

The double chin picture is so funny. And that guy with the hotdog...awkward.

Brent said...

You got to see a great game!

Observations:
1) Love the shirts. Maybe you could rearrange yourselves to say "Epic Are The Angels" or "Epic The Angels Are."
2) Love the awkward faces picture. You all look wonderful.
3) Love red vines. Red Vines are the best. So is the ice cream sandwich.
4) Love Bethany's eye in the last picture. She looks like she's posing or just surprised, but you're taking a picture of someone else.

Justin Ihara said...

even though baseball is really boring, it looked like you guys had a lot of fun!

Josh_ewe_a said...

So fun... I too love the game of baseball...but live!!! I just love the sights and sounds and smells and tastes (mmmm...pea-nuts...mmmm) and friendships.

I would also like to call you guys out on something, however. You failed to communicate the fact that you all left early...from one of the best games in recent Angel baseball. Sad...so sad.