Sunday, November 11, 2007

Irrational Fear #2

Those of you who know me well, know that I have a couple irrational fears. My main irrational fear is flying grasshoppers, but I'm also totally afraid of parrots. Ridiculous...? Yes, I know, that's why I'm admitting it's irrational. But I'm still afraid of them. Their creepy voices, their gross looking beaks, and the fact that they can have a conversation with someone.... I'm getting the shivers just thinking about them.

A few weeks ago a new family moved into the place next to us. And guess what kind of pet they have? Yup, a parrot. But not just any parrot, a Spanish speaking parrot. The family is Hispanic, and so it would only make sense that their parrot would speak Spanish. I thought it was funny the first time I walked by their window and heard the bird speak a different language, but then i remembered that I'm totally afraid of parrots... then it wasn't funny anymore. Just creepy.

Boo creepy birds.

3 comments:

Ange said...

I'm sad to learn you don't like parrots:( I love them. Have one at home...soooooo fun. You should ask Kim about Lola:)

Randy said...

totally awesome! Megan has an irrational fear of Greyhound dogs...and Whippets as well... its funny every time she sees one, especially up close, her eyes start to water and she kind of gags like she needs to throw up...


totally awesome! Adios!

Lisa said...

Hey its maggie williams i hope you are having fun! (except the parrot thing)!!! I havent talked to you in forever!!! I have a blog too!! It's www.gottalovemaggieslife.blogspot.com !!! so visit it!!! Thanx