Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Good, the bad, and the Kentucky.

If you're still reading my blog... you deserve a hug. If the dates weren't posted on the blogs when I wrote them... I wouldn't even remember the last time that I blogged.

Therefore... Maggie... you're awesome. Thanks for still checking my blog. Sorry I don't have time to blog more frequently.

Anyways... as many of you know I'm moving to Kentucky. The day after the wedding Drew and I are packing up and headin' out. At first, I'm not going to lie, I was not excited about moving out to Kentucky. But, the more I think about it the more excited I get.

Obviously I'm incredibly sad to be leaving a place that I have lived all 22 years of my life, and all of my friends and family that live here. But, i figure that since I am moving I need to be thinking about all the good things out there in Kentucky.

Here are some great things about Kentucky:

- I get actual seasons! INCLUDING SNOW!
- I get to make more friends
- I get to explore a part of the country I really have never been before
- I will be stretching myself instead of staying comfortable in my little bubble
- I am going to be teaching summer school at an elementary school... and I am SO excited!

and last but not least...

- Drew lives there

I'm really hoping that one day Drew and I will move closer to family and I have always wanted to live in Washington or Oregon... but right now that's a ways off in the future. So right now I'm just focusing on the good things in Kentucky, and packing my bags (and boxes!)

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

I still read your blog, or check it often! You will be missed terribly but how exciting this new adventure will be! We will find ourselves in Washington again someday, maybe at the same time! Hopefully by then there will be little "Annie's" running around...so cute! You will do great in Kentucky, I have family there, maybe we will have to make a trip back to the farm to see you! When I say farm....I mean FARM! See you soon!

Tyler R. Shannon said...

I still read you blog, and let me tell you, you'll be sorely missed

Randy said...

dear Annie,
I like that you are thinking about the good... that a way to keep Phil 4:8 in the forefront of your mind (memory verse of last week for me :-) ) Anyway... hope all is well!!!

Lisa said...

Annie everyone at wildside misses you!! i am so glad that you finally said something!!:) COW isnt the same without you! I am missing you and i will miss you but i am glad that you are thinking of the positives! ahh i just got a song stuck in my head when i said that. its form leagally blone the musical. ok you probably dont care! haha! thats just me ok this is too long! LUV YA!!
*~maggie~*