Monday, August 25, 2008

Goodbye Summer...

Well... it's been a crazy summer for Drew and I... and I'm so glad that fall is just around the corner. Jackets, scarves and all things cold weather really excite me. Especially since this will be the first winter that I have ever had that actually feels like winter. An eighty degree December will not be where I am this year. Nope... I will be in Louisville basking in the coziness of my little house eating chocolate chip cookies and sipping hot chocolate.

I just don't think I ever 100 percent fit into the California mold, and I am totally OK with that. I know that not everyone does these things, but I'm not a fan of Christmas lights and ornaments on palm tree's, snowmen made out of sand, a fire in the fireplace when it's not cold enough outside for a fire... or pictures of surfing Santa's.

Really... who started that Santa trend anyways? Santa lives in the North Pole. I'm sure he knows what a surfboard is, because I'm sure he has put a few under some trees... but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't know how to ride one. He's old... fat... and knowing how to drive a flying sleigh is a big enough accomplishment for him. Santa does not surf. He's not that compliant. He's always seen wearing the same thing and since about the 4th Century he's been in the same line of work. I'm just pretty sure that Santa likes his gig and isn't at all interested in becoming a surfer bum. But that's just my two cents.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone who may have surfing Santa paraphernalia. I'm sure yours is great...

1 comment:

Mariah Snyder said...

sweet girl!! I got your text when we got back from Houseboats on saturday! I miss you too!! lets chat soon! real soon!!