Thursday, March 8, 2007

Coffee Bean v. Tully's


Yesterday I went to Tully's. And, I don't know if i like it better than Coffee Bean... but it was pretty delicious. I got their ginger peach Ice tea, and even though I am a HUGE fan of ice tea... I think that even if i hated ice tea, i still would have thought it was amazing... becasue it was! I went with my friend Josh and we sat in there and talked forever about his trip to Africa and all kinds of fun things... but the best thing that happened there was that we sat next to this AWESOME painting of a dog that looks like a box. The dog had a green apple balanced on his head. so funny. I think that what we named him was Motts Dog (like the apple sauce), but I'm not sure, becasue we had a lot of different other possible names.


I really don't know how many different coffee shops there are, and I also don't know how they can all survive with Starbucks gobbling them all up and being on every corner (seriously). Where I live i feel like I am in a box with four starbucks on all four sides of me... but two of them used to be Dedrichs... is starbucks taking over the world??? I THINK MAYBE THEY ARE. Now, don't get me wrong, i do love Starbucks.... BUT, their coffee always tastes kind of burnt? Right? Maybe it's just me...


To wrap up this blog, because I feel like I am rambling now... I love Tully's and if Starbucks takes over Tully's I'd be pretty sad. Really REALLY sad.

2 comments:

Josh_ewe_a said...

Oh Motts Dog...I love you. Thanks for the fun times and for listening to me sharing about Africa! Yeah Tully's

Kurt Johnston said...

I like the spaciousness of Tully's much better, but nothing beats the English breakfast tea latte at Coffee Bean.