Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Spanish Bowlers


Last night I went Bowling. My friends and I showed up at Saddleback Lanes around 8:30 thinking that it wouldn't be too busy, but we were so wrong. I put in my name and the guy said that it would be about 45 minutes. We thought about maybe going somewhere else and hanging out while we were waiting, but we decided not to, just because if they called my name and we weren't there, that would lame. Sooo... we decided to play a game while we waited. We called it the name game, and while people would walk by we would try to think of their name. Once we all agreed on what we thought their name was, one of us would call it out about 5 times to see if that person would turn around. That was fun for about 20 minutes, but then it got old.

We started to get a little bored so my friend Josh said that he could convince the guy at the bowling counter to let us go next- by giving him a one dollar bill. sure Josh. Well... as ridiculous as i thought he was, it worked (maybe the guy at the counter was just super intimidated because Josh is the tallest Human ever) because we got to go next!

I feel like I need to tell you some back ground on my bowling history before I go on so the title of this blog will make sense. Every time that I go bowling with Elizabeth and her boyfriend, Justin (which is the ONLY time i ever go bowling) we always choose a theme for the night and then pick our names around it. The first time that we went the theme was Hippie and our names were: Wild Poppy Seed (me), Flower Child (Elizabeth), and Moon Beam (Justin). Another time that we went our theme was Cereal. Our names were Coco (Justin), Trixy (Elizabeth), and Tony (me). Last night's theme was Spanishish (Spanish-ish is how you would pronounce it) and so our names were: Antonio (Elizabeth), Azul (Justin), Marco (Josh), and Polo (me).

I don't have a while lot else to say about the night except that it was very fun. Bowling is only great when you do it with fun people, some people take it WAY too seriously.

4 comments:

Josh_ewe_a said...

Ummm...was that comment, "some people take it WAY too serious", a reference to me, by chance? Well, it was a lot of fun. Oh, and I would like to make a correction to what you said about the name game. You said that someone would yell the name...you probably meant to say that I yelled it because you were a little too scared to do it. I hope to join you 3 another time in the future when Justin AKA "Azul" comes back into town. I love that I have made 2 of your blogs. Thank you.

Julie Hibbard said...

How was disneyland??

Justin Ihara said...

my name was "Moon Unit" not "Moon Beam". also, i think you were referring to me when you said that some people take it way too seriously. take a good look at the picture you took. i look pretty tough in it. no one will mess with me. plus i beat you all and in the end, isn't winning the only thing that matters? that and Snickers. i like Snickers...

Brent said...

What the guy at the counter didn't tell you was your lane was up next anyway. He just stole your dollar and made you believe it was a bribe.