Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My twin lives in AZ... really, she does.



Everyone says that my cousin Julia and I could be twins. Everywhere we go people say things like, "oh wow, you guys are twins! how great that you hang out together!" or, "Which one is the older twin?" or, "Do you guys have different hair colors and different hair lengths on purpose so that people can tell you apart?" Julia and I think that we look a lot alike too.... sometimes it's scarier than other times...

So, this last weekend, starting on Friday at 11:30, i left for Arizona to see my twin/best friend/cousin, Julia. It was probably one of the funnest, but shortest trips i have ever taken. Usually I take the 91 freeway to the 10 all the way to my cousins house in AZ, but I decided to go a different way this time and so I took the 8 freeway so that I could go through San Diego. I met my friend Josh down in San Diego for lunch on the way there and it was SO fun. We went to Chile's which is always fun, but being there with someone who is hilarious makes it 100 times better!! I don't remember what we even talked about, but we laughed almost the WHOLE time, Josh even laughed so hard that he spit diet coke all over my shirt at one point (Thanks Josh).

The ride to Arizona wasn't as bad as I was expecting either, it's a super long drive (when you're all alone), but I had fun! I brought some of my favorite CD's and pretty much just rocked out all by myself the whole way there. It was great...

When i finally got to my cousin Julia's house we grabbed and quick dinner and then just went back to her house and laid around in her room and talked for 3 hours! (i LOVE being a girl. If I was a guy, I don't think it would be ok to lay on my friends bed and talk for 3 hours... but, being a girl makes that kind of thing ok.)

The next day we slept in and went model home shopping because she is looking for a new place, and I might move out there in a few years depending on where God calls me. We saw this beautiful three story place that was townhouse style and it even had a fourth level that was pretty much the roof with a built in BBQ and an AMAZING view!! I could definitely live there! After that we took off to go lay out by the pool since the weather was SUPER nice.

My last day in AZ we drove up to Tempe and went to go see her sisters (who are pretty much like my sisters too). It was so fun to see them!! We went to this big outdoor mall because they were having this "Art Walk". And, those are ALWAYS fun to go to because it's funny what some people make and call "art". Some of it was really cool, but some of it was ridiculous.

This one guy was selling this "NEW AND IMPROVED CORK FOR WINE BOTTLES", I couldn't stand and listen to his infomercial because I was giggling so hard. Partially because my cousin Julia was doing running commentary on everything that he was saying, but mostly I was laughing because my other cousin Emily and I just kept looking at each other and laughing... she has the most contagious laugh!!

THEN... walking around at the "Art Walk" we saw this guy walking around in a HUGE CHICKEN mascot costume. The funniest part about it was that it didn't belong to any restaurant or any art stand... it was just a guy walking around in a chicken costume... so of course we had to take a picture with him. SO FUN.

My trip was amazing... I love my cousins.

3 comments:

E.Money said...

so fun!! :)i'm glad it was such an awesome trip!!

ok i dont see the twin thing, but i DO think you guys totally look like sisters!!!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Not so much with the twin thing... But I'm surprised nothing was in this post from your adventure in odessy...

Brent said...

First observation:
I don't see the resemblance.

Second observation:
You have the same smile in every picture.