Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Daddy's are so great!

Yestedray was a little crazy. I left about 6 in the morning to come home and when i got home I had to put bunk beds together. Before i go on, i should mention that I am usually (and by usually I mean always) really good at putting furniture together, except for last night. My friend Becky (who is one of my roomates) and I got really good at putting things together becasue pretty much our whole house is Ikea, and everyone knows that if you buy stuff from Ikea you have to put it together well, because if you don't it won't last long. Sooo... I get back from Arizona and Elizabeth and I just stare at these 3 boxes that our bunk bed beds is suposidly in for about 10 mintues. We looked at the directions and it said "Assembly takes approx. 1 hour". So we figured no problem.

WELL... in order to build these bunk beds we needeed to move everything in our room out into our living room/dining room/kitchen (our house is VERY small...). This is what it looked like...
After 3 hours into it I decided to call my Dad becasue we could NOT figure it out. The directions were TOTALLY unclear and... i had gotten 2 splinters... So my dad came and helped us finished it. He's super good at reading stupid directions that don't make any sence and understanding them.

So, from 2:30- 11 we put together our bunk bed. A one hour project turned into a 9 hour project... but, I must say that it was the most rewarding thing I have ever put together. AND... i should also say that I am VERY proud of myself for not rolling off the top bunk. We were getting so tired that I made the call NOT to put on the guard rail, and I didn't fall off!

5 comments:

Allison said...

After the 8 hours, was there also a tornado? (I don't think that's a funny thing to say, but my mom would always say that when my room was a mess...)

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Allison is right... that is not a funny thing to say. But I'm so glad you got these done! Now, when you have the time, you should put up the guard rail. My friend Ray-Ray fell off of his top bunk when we were in college onto the floor. It was pretty much hilarious. You know... in a "he could have died" kind of way.

Unknown said...

Wow....it is so nice that you finished this. I am sorry I wasn't there to help with the construction. If you need me to move out your mattress and then move it back in, I can do that now because of my experience!

Brent said...

I thought it was a funny thing to say. Somebody could get hurt in that.

Good job not falling off the bed by the way.

Justin Ihara said...

good job on the bed. i also sleep in a bunk bed on the top bunk. guard rails aren't all their made out to be. sure the "not falling off to your doom" is pretty exotic, but when you bang your mouth on one you start question everything...