Thursday, May 24, 2007

I love my job...

Yesterday was a good day! Our Junior High Ministry is getting ready to go down to Mexico, and so I have been trying to get things ready for the past month so I won't be stressed over the little things at the last minute. And, because I have been working on everything for a while, all I needed to do was burn some CD's (thanks Alice) and put some labels on them, put leader folders together and a couple other little things...

Some Students came into the office and we were talking about how excited we are for Mexico and all the cool things we are going to see God do down there! As they were talking, I just sat there thinking how much I love the students that are in my life, and how much fun we are going to have, and how amazing it is to watch them grow in their relationships with friends and also with God. It was also very fun rocking out to MMMbop with them-Yeah Hanson! I wrote an e-mail this week to all of our student leaders in Junior High and told them how proud of them I am and how much I have loved being such a small part of their lives, and how they are such a huge part in mine. I wasn't expecting any e-mails back because I also had some other information in the e-mail about our Student Leader retreat coming up. But, I got a bunch back saying that they have loved the leadership meetings and have learned a lot.

I am SO blessed to be doing what I am. I am SO blessed to wake up everyday and have the opportunity to work with students that I love so much and have such passionate hearts for people and God. I am so blessed. I wake up everyday and am excited to go into work, because I love it that much.

I am excited to leave for Mexico tomorrow! We are going to an orphanage in Baja and it is going to be incredible! I can't wait to see our students interact with the children down there and watch God work in their lives and touch them through this missions project.

3 comments:

Christine.Marie said...

I am BEYOND excited for this trip. And the trip gets even better that I am in your group!

See you bright and early tomorrow morning

Brent said...

That's cool.

It was nice to finally meet you in person.

Kendra said...

Hiiiiiiiiiii!!!