Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home Alone


So, Elizabeth took off a few days for Virginia, and my other roommate Becky, just took off tonight for Europe. Which means... I have the house all to myself. Normally I would be scared, because I hate staying by myself... I get freaked out really, really easily. Wind at night, totally scary. People talking outside, creepy. And, if you knew my neighbors... you would be very afraid, I have some major weirdo's that live around me. But, not this time! This time I am going to be brave and over come my fears. And, I am very excited that I'm home alone. I'm not excited that Becky and Elizabeth are gone, I love living with them... but I feel like being all by myself will finally give me some time to get some things done that I normally wouldn't have time for. When Becky and Elizabeth are here I don't want to be responsible and do certain things; I would rather be hanging out with them watching a movie or talking... not doing chores. Because really, who likes chores anyway? NOT ME. But, what I hate even more is an unorganized house, so while they are gone I am planning to do lots of organizing and also some fun things, like:
...
- Read a magazine that I have been so excited to look through (The new Blueprint one)
- Do all of my laundry at one time and put it all away at the same time. I have a bad habit of doing one load at a time and never finishing all of my laundry at once, so I always have a pile that needs to get washed. But, not this time... I will have no dirty clothes sitting in my basket by the end of Monday!
- Wash and bleach our couch covers
- Paint the bench in our backyard, and my dresser (it's green now, but I really want to paint it pink-of course)
- Organize our bookshelves
- Clean out our pantry and fridge
- Hang some picture frames and find the perfect pictures to put in them
- Re-line shelves in the kitchen with crisp white paper

I have about 10 days to do all this.... i really hope that I can get it all done. I would feel SO accomplished!

3 comments:

jessie estupinan said...

I get like this too...Maybe we can be home alone together sometime. Although, it wouldn't really be homealone...it would be more llike a whole lotta fun!

Christine.Marie said...

Being home alone really scares me...I will join you and Jessie!

E.Money said...

Enjoy! :)