Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I love Disneyland!


Yesterday afternoon Tory (my best friend from high school) and I went to Disneyland. We had been planning to go, but we have both been so busy it has been put off for a long time... but we FINALLY did it!

We took off about 2ish and were able to go on almost everything that we wanted (minus the new Finding Nemo ride- the wait was 3 hours). I can't remember the last time that I saw Disneyland as deserted as it was yesterday. We walked right on onto the Tower of Terror and waited 5 minutes for Astro Blasters. AMAZING.

I love going to Disneyland with Tory because she's a super big Disneyland nerd just like me. Whenever I go with my usual friends to Disneyland they never want to watch any of the parades, see Fantasmic, or go in any of the fun buildings at California Adventure to see what might be inside. But, those are Tory's favorite things to do! So... we watched the Parade down Main Street and these were some of the highlights:

- Peter Pan pointed to me and blew me a kiss, So I blew him a kiss and he caught it! I got so excited I think I actually squealed...

- We realized that the person in the Queen of Hearts costume was a man... oh no.

- Some of the dancers were dancing with life size dolls instead of real people.

- The little boy in his stroller with rainbow colored lollipop all over his face asked Tory and me if we wanted a lick.

We also went into The Beasts Library and look a quiz to find out what Disney character we would be. Tory found out that she would be Mrs. Pots, and I found out that I would be the Ariel (from The Little Mermaid).

It was a very fun day! One of my favorite parts of the whole day was when we were sitting on Soarin' California. Tory was holding her purse on her lap and one of the attendants walked up to us and said,

Attendant: "Excuse me ma'am..."
Tory: "Yes?"
Attendant: "Uh, is that a bag or a purse?"
Tory: "Umm... it's a... Burse?"
Attendant: "Oh, ok then, just go ahead and put that there on your lap."
Tory: "Ok?"

Maybe you had to be there but it was pretty dang funny. We giggled the whole time about Burses and Pags after that.
...
Here are some pics...
...
Tory and I on Tower of Terror. I think she's so funny in this picture. And, you can't really tell by this picture, but I'm semi wincing because every time the girl next to me raised her hands I got a big wif of her B.O. She had an accent too... I think that she is from France.

The drive up... we sat in traffic for a while, so we decided to take some pictures.


California Screamin'. SO MUCH FUN! Maybe my favorite ride at California Adventure.

In California Adventure there is a place where you go inside and they have 3 different backgrounds where you can take pictures. Tory and I took this one together, but we also took fake prom pictures together and single prom pictures. This one family sitting on benches next to us were speaking a different language and kept giving us really funny looks. It was worth it.

Seeing her made me feel like I was in high school all over again.

I love you Tor!!

5 comments:

Brent said...

Fun. We should go sometime.
I haven't sat and watched Fantasmic yet. I went on Monday night, and that was the one goal I set for the next time I'm at the park.

Mel East said...

omg i love disneyland!

Christine.Marie said...

Looks like SO much fun! We have to go sometime soon!

David T. Ulrich said...

dannng - most intense day ever!

HOW GOOD IS TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

Hi!
I've just found your blogand I can tell that you certainly enjoy Disneyland (The title of your post was a huge give away LOL!).

My boyfriend and I are owners of MouseHub.com (http://www.mousehub.com). Our website focuses on all things Disney but since we are located in Southern California a lot of our news and pictorials center around The Disneyland Resort. We are re-launching our website very soon and to kick off the "Grand Re-Opening" of the site I wanted to write an article about what it is that makes Disneyland so special. Since, from reading your blog, you seem to love the place too I was wondering if you'd like to be quoted for the article.

If you're interested, please email me (beth[at]mousehub[dot]com) a few sentences about what it is you love about Disneyland or what makes it so special to you? Make sure you include how you want your name to read so I can give proper credit to you. And I'll be sure to contact you back once the article is up to read. Thanks for your time!

Beth Clarke
Co-owner and Columnist for MousHub.com