Friday, August 24, 2007

Gentle Reminders...

This morning I read this:

"Thanksgiving is possible not because everything goes perfectly but because God is present. The Spirit of God is within us-nearer to us than our own breath. It is a discipline to choose to stitch our days together with the thread of gratitude."

It really just reminded me of God's sovereignty and how little I am compared to Him. It reminded me that He's my Father and that He is going to take care of me through every single life situation that I go though; and He's got everything figured out already, therefore I need to be thankful and full of joy in Him. It reminded me that no matter how I feel, or how I try to take control of the situation... His will is going to prevail and its is going to be right. It reminded me that I need to be available to be shaped in every situation and not get caught up in my fears or emotions; but that I need to be ready to be molded though the things that happen in my life. And, hopefully I will have the chance to use that experience later in life and help someone in a similar situation.

Thank you Lord for your gentle reminders of how you are in control and that your will is perfect. Thank you that you that you know me better than I know myself and that you know what is best for me. Help me to be obedient, available, and ready to be shaped to be more like you.

1 comment:

David Hughes said...

this is nice. attagirl annie :)