Monday, August 6, 2007

I went to a Mariners game!

Yesterday Becky and I went to a Mariners game... and it was SO FUN! It took us forever to get in because tickets were completely sold out. This is our story of how we got in: Before we got tickets there was a Safeco employee standing out by the ticket window and this is how our conversation went:

Me: Hi! What are the chances of you wanting to sneak my friend and I into the game with you?
Him: Sorry, I can't.
Me: I'll give you $40.
Him: Well...
Me: You need to live on the edge every once and a while... PLEASE.
Him: Will you go on a date with me?
Me: Yes. Just get my friend and me into the game.
Him: Wow. Well, I would love to go on a date with you, but I would loose my job. Sorry.
Me: Boo. You're no fun at all.
Him: If I hear about any tickets getting released I'll let you know... If I get you in that way will you go on a date with me?
Me: No.
Him: Ok, well, I'll still look for tickets for you.
Me: Great, thanks.

No luck with that guy... so we moved on. One lady had to leave early so we ran over to her and she gave us her ticket. One down... one to go. We then talked to this other guy and convinced him that he should give us his ticket (that he was saving for a friend but never showed up). He caved in and even let me buy it off of him for a dollar less than he paid for it! I was so lucky because there was another guy standing right next to me offering SO much more than I could have paid, but he still gave it to me... for a dollar less that he paid for it! Sometimes it really pays off to be a girl.

... I will post pictures when I get home. I can't believe that I forgot my camera cord!

3 comments:

Justin Ihara said...

unbelievable...but not really...

E.Money said...

i'm not surprised at all! WORK IT!!

Brent said...

You know how to work it.