Monday, August 6, 2007

Germans call it an "Ear Worm". I call it "Having a song stuck in my head".


So, there is this awesome music store right down the street from my Aunts house (where I am staying in Seattle) and its called Easy Street Records. I have been there probably 5 times since I have been up here just because I love to walk through it and look at all the old vintage records that they have along with the new released records. Honestly, I didn't even know that Records were still being made. But, when I walked by a shelf and saw some JET and Shins records sitting out I realized that records aren't as 1950's as I thought they were. Anyways, every time I am walking out of the store I see the sign that says "Easy Street Records" and I start singing the song "Easy Street" from the movie Annie. All day long that song has been on repeat playing in my head. I can't get it out; I have been humming it all day long. The song was gone for an hour today when I heard the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" at Johnny Rockets. But that didn’t last for very long… because as soon as I walked by Easy Street I started singing that song again.

This is what I have been singing under my breath ALL DAY LONG:

(BUMP BUMP) Easy Street... (BUMP BUMP) EASYYY STREEEEETT... Where the rich folks plaaaay! Yeah, yeah, yeah, (yeah yeah yeah...) UH! Move them ever-lovin' feeeeet... to eaaaasy streeeeet. That's where we're gonna (UH) - THAT'S WHERE WE'RE GOOONNAAA... BEEE!!

What's the worst song you have ever gotten stuck in your head? …I think that this is mine.

No comments: