Thursday, September 6, 2007

Intern Mystery Road Trip #2

Yesterday was SO much fun! All of the interns plus Josh, Allison, and Jana went deep sea fishing. I wasn't sure what to expect at first... but it was so great. And, one of the best things about it was that it was something that I never would have done on my own. But, now that I know it's awesome... i would totally do it again!

Highlights from the trip include:
- going fishing for my first time EVER
- spending time with the other interns
- being out on the ocean and rocking back and forth on the boat
- perfect weather
- helping captain bob make cheeseburgers
- getting away from e-mail and my cell phone for 8 hours
- trying to walk strait while the boat was rocking out of control
- never having to bait my own hook
- catching a 100 pound black sea bass... that's right.
Things I learned on the trip include:
- black sea bass are protected. Therefore I was not allowed to keep my fish and take him home with me. If I could have taken my fish home, I would have built him and tank and named him. I would not have eaten him. For two reasons:
1) I don't like seafood
2) I felt like since I caught him, he came to me and therefore belongs to me... to love him. He would have been my favorite fish that I ever had and I would never have tried to flush him down my toilet (poor Henry the purple fish...)
- Sea lions are just like a pack of wolves, but they live in water
- cheeseburgers are so much more delicious when you are out in the middle of the ocean
- Brian is an excellent fisherman
- Elizabeth, Dominik, and Jeff get sea sick very easily
- Barracudas are not only really slimy and gross, but they also have super strong teeth and can bite through your fishing line and swallow the bait and hook like it's nothing.
- Deep Sea fishing, although a little smelly and can make some people sea sick, is AWESOME. Everyone should go!

5 comments:

David Hughes said...

ahem. this seems very fun. congrats on the 100 pounder. you should've put him in a swimming pool so we could play with him :)

E.Money said...

5 hours of torture...never again!!! :)

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Very nice! Did you catch that right off San Clemente?

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!

Shawn said...

we all know who really hooked him so technically you didn't really catch him you just reeled him in the boat...which is however quite a feet in itself. so props to you