Friday, September 7, 2007

God is bigger...

Last night I was driving home after picking up my car from my mechanics and the new Carrie Underwood came on, I'll stand by you. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the song is not written in a spiritual context at all. But, last night as I was listening to it, tears started welling up in my eyes thinking about how that is how much God loves me and how God views me. And, to think that the song does not do God's love for me justice what-so-ever. For those 3 minutes I felt so overwhelmed by God's love for me and just pictured him holding me in his hands singing this song to me. I am so undeserving, and yet He loves me SO much anyways. I want to love people the way that Jesus loves me. I want to reflect Jesus in my life and especially in the way that I love other people. Regardless of what kind of day I am having, or what is going on in my life.

Here are the song lyrics.

Why, why you look so sad?
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't, don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

So, if you're mad get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
But I'm alone like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know whichpath to choose
Let me come along
'Cause even if you're wrong...
I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

Even in your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
And when, when the nightfalls on you baby
You're feeling all alone
You're wondring on your own

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

I am so thankful to be loved by such a BIG God that loves me so much, and know's what's best for me when I don't have a clue. I am so thankful that God will stand by me no matter what happens. Thank you Matthew 11:30 for this reminder, "For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." Thank you Lord for telling me that the only burden you give me is to
try my hardest to please you (and that it's OK when I don't please everyone esle around me). Thank you also for telling me that my burden is easy becasue you will bear it with me by standing by me. Thank you for giving me the freedom to mess up; and for your patience and grace when you hold out your hand to me and help me to get back up on my feet even when I fall.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

awe that's so cool annie i love it!

i think i heard that song the exact same time you did because yesterday that song came on the Fish radio station and my mom said, "is this even a Christian song or have to do with God?"

haha you two must just think alike!

i miss your face! will you be at church this weekend?

Lisa said...

Hey annie,
I found your blog on acident by trying to go to my friends blog through another friends blog and i acidentally clicked on the one above it and it was your. so i think that that is so cool. well i guess ill see you this weekend.
This is MAGGIE WILLIAMS by the way

welcome.erin (: said...

Annnie! I love that song and it does make my eyes sweel up whever i hear it becuase it does remind me so much of God! I love you annie! Hope to get to see you again!