Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend Re-cap...

Friday night: Dominik's 21 birthday! WOO HOO DOMINIK!! A bunch of us went to BJ's and I got to watch Dominik open this awesome present:
Saturday: Saturday morning I had breakfast with one of my old C-group girls. I can't believe that she will be going into High School. We had a whole conversation about how High School is awesome, but it won't be anything like High School Musical. This was a little hard for her to grasp, considering that every single one of her notebooks were High School Musical and her walls are plastered in posters.

After breakfast with Abby and saying a sad goodbye because we won't see each other for a while... Becky, Elizabeth and I took of to the McTaggerts beach house up in Huntington Beach. It was awesome, and probably the most vacation-y/beach-y thing that I have done all summer.

Highlights from the trip include:
- making a ton of new friends
- jumping off a bridge into the ocean
- learning how to drive a dinghy and taking it out onto the harbor with friends
- playing cards until 2:30 in the morning
- floating around in inner tubes in the harbor
- a trip to target with Holly and Brian.
- water balloon fights from the dock
- delicious food... Thank you Heather, you're amazing!
- spending time with awesome people
- doing a Noah's Ark puzzle with Kelly

It was easily the most fun thing I have done all summer. It was so great to have no agenda what-so-ever and just be able to relax, have fun and laugh with all my friends. The best medicine to get me back on my feet and get me excited for what is coming up next in Wildside.


Sunday: Becky, Elizabeth and I said a sad goodbye to everyone at the beach house around 5:30 and took off to go home and get ready for church. We met up with my friend John at church, sat through an incredible message by Lee Strobel and then all went to Wahoo's afterward.

... what a great weekend.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

oh that sounds SO fun! :)

Heather McTaggart said...

Annie oh Annie...I LOVED having you gals here! One of my highlights was getting to know each of you and watching you have a blast! Can't wait for next year and THANKS for coming! Love ya!

ambrosia said...

Number 1) I adore you. Can we be friends and hang out? You're quite possibly one of the coolest people I know.
Number 2) I'm SO EXCITED that I made your blogroll... by "excited" i mean I just texted Brent and told him "I just made annie's blogroll!!!!!!!"
Number 3) I don't really have a number three...

David Hughes said...

Kelly prefers to be called "Smelly." she won't act like she likes it, but that's just part of the game she plays. trust me.


...you should know you can trust me too because Kelly and I have a unique bond in that I hold the record for making Kelly cry more times than any other non-family member.