Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I have never liked parades

It's true. Not even the ones that I was in when I was little for whatever we had parades for, or the rose parade. Maybe that makes me unpatriotic... but I hope not.

Well today... as I was sweeping the kitchen I noticed my cat sniffing around next to the trash can. I figured that she just smelled the remains of last nights chicken so I shoo'd her away. A few minutes later she's back in the same spot... so I walk over and look down to what she's looking at.

ANTS. I hate ants. I think that they are SO annoying how they fit into everything... even the things I think are really well closed up and impossible to get into unless you have the fingers to open the baggie or whatever. And nothing grosses me out more than thinking about nasty little ants crawling into our food and using their dirty hands to take it back to more dirty little nasty ant hands to eat... sick.

Anyways, I thanked Beans for being the little detective that she is (yes, I do talk to my cat) and cleaned up all the ants. An hour later, I walked into the kitchen and saw a whole ant parade! WHAT? And it even had a couple other little creepy crawly bugs in it.

I don't understand. I killed their friends... why would they want to come back? There was NOTHING on the floor for them. I made SURE of that when I saw the other ones earlier.

Maybe I just need to train my cat to lick up all the bugs that she sees. Then again... you never know what an ant has been eating, and I don't want to feed my cat just anything. Plus, teaching beans to do something usually means showing her how to do it... and I am not about to start licking up ants.

Anyways... I have never liked parades... especially bug parades.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay for updated blogs!!! I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world. :)

Unlike you, I do enjoy parades...I mean I really love them. BUT, like you I absolutely despise ants. So, I have a completely amazing solution for them: Victor Liquid Ant Killing System. We use that here and don't have a problem. Nothing else worked for us. You might try it. :)

I love you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!