Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bob vs. Barack


I'm sitting here watching Good Morning America and I've never been one totally into politics, but my husband is... and they just said something that caught my attention.

I know that I should be better at watching McCain and Obama speeches, but honestly I'm just not. If Drew is watching something on line or on TV, most of the time I'll tune in too, but I would never be the one to go searching on line or look up TV times of important speeches. Not becasue I don't care... but becasue I now have a Husband who can fill me in on the majority of what's going on.

Anyways, back to Good morning America. Diane Sawyer (who I happen to think is really cute) started talking about how lots of people are wondering if Obama is nothing more than a good actor. They played numerous tapes of him speaking with a teleprompter- he sounds incredible. Then they played tapes with him without a teleprompter-ridiculous. "Uh...um...uh...well uh...uh..."

Now, I'm not saying I would be incredible without any kind of help from Stage... I know I wouldn't. I would probably be giggling because I'm so nervous and mix up my words and say things like, "I want to be Pwesident to that I can hewp people". But on a more serious note Obama... if you have important things and issues that you want to bring up and are so passionate about, how come you can't talk about the without someone feeding you your lines? is it becasue you don't know what you're talking about...?

I have heard Obama say, "YES WE CAN!" numerous times... but apparently he CAN'T when he's off a teleprompter?

Someone who I like a little bit better who says "YES WE CAN" and follows through would be Bob the Builder.

1 comment:

Drew said...

So it turns out Zeus and company up there on Mount Olympus didn't have teleprompters. Something tells me the good senator is going to make that happen tonight, though.

I love you! Thanks for getting interested in these weird interests of mine!