Sunday, November 23, 2008

HGTV is my ESPN


Sunday is lazy day at the Petersen home. After two services at church, meeting with friends afterwards, and running errands, we're usually ready to get home and crash. Today that meant laying in front of the TV in our pajamas. My favorite.

As Drew was flipping through some channels he passed by HGTV (Home and garden channel) and Design on a Dime was on. I told him that I hated that show because I am usually so disappointed in the outcomes of the rooms. I yell at the people and say things like, "Why would you do that!" and "OH come on... that was HORRIBLE!" and "You can do better than that, don't let me down!" Like a guy would yell at the quarterback for throwing an interception. I bet if someone wasn't watching TV with me, but they could hear me yelling they might put money down that I was watching some kind of sport.

Now I can understand why guys get so into sports. But for me, it's not a football team that I get worked up over. It's depressing seeing such great rooms lose to such awful designers.

Note: There are some shows that I love on HGTV. Quite a few in fact, and those are the designers that I cheer for and get excited about watching in action.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I agree with you on Design on a Dime. One of the worst shows on HGTV and I have seen the episode that you have referenced in your picture. Yuck.