Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I never thought I would see the day...


Today, on Martha Stewart, Snoop Dog was her guest. Seriously. I would bet that even the best story teller in the world, would never even think to put those two in the same story... let alone be the same kitchen.

Snoop dog... on Martha Stewart?

The hood vs. the Hampton's...
The rebel vs. the traditional...
The gangsta vs. the cupcake...
The bling master vs. the cashmere queen...
Fried Chicken vs.
Grilled Chicken with Kumquat-Lemongrass Dressing...

Like a train wreck, I watched- in complete fear- as Martha and Snoop made mashed potatoes.

They pealed the "ski-zins", talked about his posse, learned some vocab words that Snoop said were "essential to sound cool in da hood." Oh, and my favorite part? They talked about his new Christmas Album, featuring songs such as Santa Clause goes strait to the ghetto, Christmas in the Ghetto, and Party 4 da Homies. I looked this up becasue I thought he was kidding. But, I should have known better. I would like to be in the car with Martha or making mashed potatoes with her, when she listens from the beginning to the end of Snoops entire Christmas CD. I'm not sure what she would say or what would happen... but I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to miss it.

Also, I started keeping track of how many times Snoop asked what they were making. And, in 10 minutes Martha had to remind him 12 times that they were making mashed potatoes*.

The rest of the show wasn't worth watching, becasue I think that Martha is awkward, and I like her magazine much better... but I just couldn't change the channel while snoop was in her kitchen.

* This is why you shouldn't do drugs.

2 comments:

ambrosia said...

I love you. Seriously. I need to come visit you.
p.s. I just got in trouble at work because I laughed hysterically at the "*This is why you shouldn't do drugs" part :)

Gerry Rojas said...

This is exactly why one SHOULD do drugs.