Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rob Bell rocks my socks


Tonight at c-group with my girls we did something a little different. We watched a Rob Bell Video, and my girls loved it. He talked about what the difference is between Christianity and what being a Christian really looks like. And, how God doesn't want rituals he wants your heart. He talked about how if he brought his wife a bouquet of flowers and said that he was doing it because he "had to because he was her husband", his wife wouldn't want the flowers anymore. Not unlike if we show up to church because "we should" or "we have to because we're Christians" God doesn't want us there. Basically, don't say your a Christian and not act like it... God hates that more than anything.

It was so cool to see the light bulb go on in some for my girls and how they got so much out of it. We talked almost the whole c-group time (an hour and a half)! Rob Bell has such an amazing ability to make things so simple and so clear and so applicable. Yeah...He's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Josh_ewe_a said...

Annie...that is so awesome. I too am a fan of Mr. Bell's work. He DOES make things simple. I just love how many questions he asks. He has mastered the artform of question asking...I believe. The videoes are so visually stimulating as well. I am glad your girls talked so much about this topic. VERY COOL!!!!!