Thursday, April 12, 2007

Here's something you should NEVER do.

Never make a CD of yourself singing OR put your songs on my space, if you can't sing.

I was talking with my friends Mariah and Elizabeth today and we were listening to some songs on her computer. One of the people that we were listening to was Tyrone Wells, who, if you read my blog, you would know that he is one of my favorites, and that I went to one of his concerts a couple weeks ago. Well... I love Tyrone, and I think that he is amazing, and I can't wait for more and more people to discover him and love his music like I do. But, I do not love the fact that he got married and allowed his wife to make an album. Just because you marry a guy that knows how to sing, DOES NOT MEAN that YOU yourself can sing- that's what I want to say to her. She has this one song that is a duet with Tyrone and probably the worst song I have ever head in my entire life, and really, I have heard a lot of really bad songs. It is by far the worst for 3 reasons:

1. She sounds like she is 5
2. She sings through her nose
3. Her lyrics are ridiculous. One of the lines in the song is "Lucky boy that you're with me. You're so lucky that you're with me."

... what?? that's not how it is supposed to be! When you write a song about being in love, you are supposed to sing about how much you love the other person, not about how lucky they are and that they sooo in love you you!! Right??

I realize that this is kind of a big statement to be making because I can't hold a tune or sing to save my life... HOWEVER, I also know better than to make an album because of those reasons. Which is why I am justifying writing this blog.

This is for you Elina Wells PLEASE never sing with Tyrone again. You make me like him a little less every time I hear you sing that song with him.

2 comments:

Justin Ihara said...

that poor guy. he probably couldn't break it to his wife that she was bad. i don't think my girlfriend could bring herself to tell me that i'm atrocious at singing. but i wouldn't listen to her anyways. my steering wheel and showerhead need singing to.

jessie estupinan said...

yeah. i would never do that.