Sunday, April 8, 2007

You've Got Mail and chocolate chip cookies... two of my favorite things!


I just finished watching You've Got Mail and eating cookies with my friend Becky, and I forgot how much I loved that that movie! The only weird part about the movie is that because the whole movie is based on dating through the Internet (and the movie was made about what... 10 years ago??) you hear the Internet dialing into connect and it takes like 10 minutes every time! I forgot that my Internet used to do that. Everything is so fast now it's great!! Weird though, because I'm sure 10 years from now I'm going to look back and be like, "Wow! My Internet was so slow a couple years ago..."

It's hard for me to imagine how much better things can get... but it's getting better all the time! I can't imagine what it must have been like to be a pioneer coming across America on a covered wagon with no such thing as electricity, cars or CELL PHONES... I wonder if in 100 years people will look at the way things are now and say the same thing? It's SO weird to think about!

5 comments:

jessie estupinan said...

annie, bring your flat self on Saturday to service, and we can take our group picture there.
SPREAD THE WORD!!

ponch0 said...

That is quite weird to think about! I love that movie though, I think it is so cute!

Christine.Marie said...

i love that movie and it was weird how their computers had to dial! wow and that was only what like 5 or 10 years ago

Unknown said...

I love that movie...and I love choc. chip cookies...and i love high speed internet.

Justin Ihara said...

sometimes when i sneeze, my ears pop