Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So today I was thinking...


I still have a super long time (like a year and 8 months) before I finish my internship here at Saddleback. Well, at least right now it seems like I have a long way to go, but I know that time will totally fly by. Already I have been here for 4 months and it has seemed like a month max. But what I was thinking about today is I have absolutely NO idea what I want to do when I get done with my internship. That's a struggle for me sometimes, because I know that I'm just 21, but I feel like I’m totally an adult know. I live on my own, pay my own bills, have my own car, have my own lists of things that I am responsible for and so on... but I still have no idea what I want to do when I finish my internship. I am a little bit (and by little bit I mean totally) of a control freak, so having no idea where I am going to be in a couple years really freaks me out. I know that I need to trust God, and I totally do... I just wish that I knew where God wanted me, so I could start planning for that. So... I started making a list of things that I love to do. I have NO idea how I could put them all together and make it one job. But, here is my list:

- I love youth ministry. No, I take that back... I bleed youth ministry. It is 100% where my heart is. I know that I love it because even when I am stressed out of my mind I never want to just run away from what I’m doing (like so many other things)

- I love being with people. Making new friends and meeting people is something that I love. So I need to do something relational.

- I love being creative. And I love projects... so pretty much anything where I could use that skill would be awesome.

- I love taking pictures. Especially those of people.

- I love planning things. I like doing behind the scenes work and then handing the responsibility to someone else to make it happen. YES, being there is fun too, but, I just really enjoy the organization of planning and then seeing what I planned happen.

- I love encouraging and motivating people.

- I love interior design. I almost majored in design to do window displays or floor set design. It is definitely one of my passions

- I would love to have my own business. One that involved party planning, opening up a coffee shop in a small college town, or one that I could sell things that I make and work from home... I think that would be the coolest.

- I love being the one in charge (its part of my control-freak side). I would love to be a part of something where people create something and then run it by me and I give the yes or no and help them think of ways to make wherever they are doing better.

- I love camps! Everything about camps gets me excited!

- I'm sure that I left some things out, but thats all I could think of right now...

Any Ideas of what I could do??

12 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Well, you could always quit youth ministry and become an OH-cult leader.

annie said...

Umm... not helpful.

jessie estupinan said...

go on to highschool! and then all your super cool current wildsider friends will be there!!!!

Heather Leith said...

you could open a coffee shop in a small college town that you decorate yourself that is only for students and you could train employees by holding a camp and while at camp you could motivate and encourage them and you can create/design the coffee cups and uniforms and you can take pictures and hang them all over the shop. there.

welcome.erin (: said...

for some reason I think you would do good being a fashion designer or ya know like in devil wears prada! i mean she takes pictures and then designs outfits and ya know she always wantrs coffe and ya know you coulddo that but of course be the nice person instead of mean! because i dont think you have a mean bone in your body! and ya know at the real fashion show you can look at what you have created! then ya know you encourage the nervous ones and then you could change the look of models and not make them so skinny and actually normal size of humans and then you will have the perfect job! hehe! sorry that was long but just an idea! I also like heathers! hehe! love you and whatever you do I am sure it will be great! and i will always love you and email! haha!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Evidently, I have now said two wrong things today. Here's the truth: I totally believe in you. No questions asked. You can be anything your heart desires. And, God is going to show you. Just wait on Him.

Brent said...

I think Heather has a great idea.

elise! said...

how does heather think of these ideas?

annie, do what heather says!

Heather Leith said...

thanks, Brent. (i have never met you. hi, brent.)

welcome.erin (: said...

haha heather your so out there I love it! hehe! hi brent also!I am erin! we dotn know you but oh well! It is nice to meet you and know you are trying to help annie with here job dilemas! hehe! love you guys! bye!

ponch0 said...

hm, you could really be anything that you would like to be. You have many interests which gives you many possibilities. Heather is right if you want to do all of them! You are so clever Hezzy

Gerry Rojas said...

I hear there's a serious shortage of Hobos.

Just sayin'.