Saturday, May 19, 2007

I wrote this yesterday, but am just now posting it...

So, I’m sitting in the Airport right now, getting ready to take off for Seattle, and as I’m sitting here drinking my vanilla late, I have noticed that the airport has MANY interesting people. I have two hours to wait before my flight takes off and I keep wishing that I had someone here (other than my parents-even though I love them a ton) to play the name game. It’s a game where you guess the persons name and then once you and the other person have come to an agreement on what you think the persons name is, you say it out loud and see if they turn around or respond to the name... it’s very fun.

But anyways, I’m sitting in the airport and I’m looking at all the people walk by and I have noticed that I am a total people watcher (maybe that’s one reason why I want to major in psychology). I think that it’s fun to look at people and then make up a name and a story that fits them... here are some interesting people that I have seen this morning:

- Business Man from the waste up: He was wearing cargo shorts and sandals on the bottom, and on top he was wearing a suit jacket, nice shirt and a tie.

- Incredibly Short Bearded Man: I think he might have been a Lilliputian (a very tiny man with a huge beard that captured Gulliver on his travels), or maybe he was a just a living lawn gnome.

- Totally Cute Casual Young Business Man: I don’t think I need to say a whole lot here, except that the next time I go to the airport I will not be wearing pajamas, simply because of guys like this. Just kidding... I couldn’t do long plane flights in normal clothes. I say YES to pajama pants and sweatshirts!

- Old man with Un-matching Socks Who Can’t Hear Well and Yells Everything to His Wife (who, also, cannot here very well): I am sitting very close to this couple, and am doing everything I can to not giggle every time the old man says something...

- Old Cowboy: wearing a belt with a big belt buckle, cowboy hat, and boots. Complete with a foo-man-cho. Amazing- he looks like his name would be Jeff. Cowboy Jeff.

- Stewardess from the 80’s: She had a suitcase that had wheels that light up, her hair (especially her bangs) looks like it took a road trip back to the 80’s, and her shoes were too big so she kept having to stop and fix her shoes, because she would walk out of them.

Alright, I gotta go get on the airplane... I will miss everyone!

2 comments:

Josh_ewe_a said...

Well done Annie Summers! I LOVE people watching and the Airport is the best place to do that(I was going to type 'it' but I didn't want those people with dirty minds to have a chance to respond to it) because if you think about it, that is one of the most stressful times an many people's lives, and then when you add children who are running around, acting crazy, then it just doubles and triples. So, it is very fun...
My fav. people watchee, is the business man from the waste up. It would have been real funny if there was another guy who was a business man from the waste down and the two guys crossed paths right in front of your eyes and they each turned and looked at eachother thinking, "Nice outfit..."
The end.

Alyssa said...

i stinkin love this game

i cant wait to play this with someone soon!!
do you have a dland pass? bc dland would be excellent for this!!!