Friday, June 1, 2007

I love my friends












Sometimes in life we go through really rough patches where it feels like everyone around us is having more fun than we are and everyone also has more friends than we do. Sometimes we feel like we are the only one being left out of everything. Sometimes people tell us that we’re making a big deal out of nothing…. but we know when we are hurt. Those are the times when I know I have to completely lean on God and just trust him that he's going to carry me through. And yet, even though I know this, sometimes it's hard for me to follow through with that. As much as I know in my heart that these are the most important times to be relying on God, so often they are the times when I ignore him. I feel like if I just get away from everything and everyone when I decide to come back and not stay away from life.... all the normalcy I am used to will return also.

I should have learned by now to take these periods with strides and be joyful for them, the fact that God is going to use them to mold me and make more like him... but for some reason I want to run from them. I know better than to run... so I don’t, but it is still hard to find joy in situations where you are hurting.

It’s times like this where I am soo thankful for the people that I have in my life that have ALWAYS been there for me. I am so blessed because of all the people that I have in my life that constantly surround me with their love and support. Who needs to be “friends” with everyone around them when you have 10 solid friends that you know will never talk about you behind your back, and never judge you for being honest? Who needs "frineds" that are only your friends becasue you are fun to be around, or becasue you pay for them everytime you go out? Those aren't real friends, becasue those are the kinds of "friends" who talk about you behind your back and arn't a friend back, even when you are their friend. Does that make sence? I feel like we all have people in our lives that we are more of a friend to them, than they are a friend to us. And, although it is good to have those people in your life that you can be pouring into and loving... those are the people that you can't confide in and can't trust. You have to be careful with what you choose to say and do around them becasue you never know what they might say or do, since they obviously don't value the friendship as much as you do. I feel like throughout my whole life I have always had one or two best friends that are there no matter what. And, over the past year my number of really good friends has grown. You know who you are, and I love you so much! I thank God for you every day! Thank you for being such a huge part of my life and challenging me to be a better person and loving me for me. You are amazing! I will always be there for you!

2 comments:

Allison Murray said...

i could not ask for a better friend. =)
i love you a lot.

E.Money said...

i LOVE being your friend!!!!