Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My first day!

So today was my first day down at the Saddleback San Clemente campus... and I loved it! I can't wait for this weekend to meet all the students, volunteers and see what the next year of my life is going to look like.

Highlights of my day were...
- Walking into the office and seeing that my desk had been decorated (Thank you Jake!)
- Getting Pizza with the whole team and getting to see Luke and Erin too!
- Watching Pastor Rick talk about Purpose Driven Churches on a DVD... from the 90's. The whole San Clemente team and I watched it together, not only was it super entertaining to see everyone in the audience with big hair, crazy make-up, funny mustaches, and big floral patterns on their clothes... it was also super helpful to be reminded of certain things that I so easily forget.

I love the team and working with Jake is going to be so awesome.

There's really not a whole lot else to say, other than I am so excited for this new chapter in my life!

Thank you to all my friends who texted me, called me, and e-mailed me letting me know that you were thinking of me and praying for me! I love you!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hooray for the SC...hooray for Jake! It's awesome! I can't wait to hear more!

Heather McTaggart said...

I love the sound of joy in your "voice" of blogging! I am so thrilled it went so well! I do adore Jake R! He is amazing and you will laugh laugh laugh all the way through your work days! See you tonight friend!

Anonymous said...

how's that office dog? he slobbers quite a bit, but he really is a cool dog.

Randy said...

Hey Annie! I saw your name on Josh Griffin's page so I thought I would stop by and say hi! Other than the fact that your presence has caused our staff to estrogenically multiply, I am excited for you, Jake, and the students to have the touch of a woman (other than Erin) in that area. I am glad that we didn't scare you off...we are a different sort of breed. :-) Cheers!

-Randy