Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One more thing before I head off to bed...


Tonight while Becky and I were on our way to Wahoo's for dinner, we saw something that made me want my camera more badly than the day that I caught the 100 pound fish at the harbor.

Picture this: An old man (probably in his late 70's) with a big white beard. He really looked like Santa Clause... driving a teeny-tiny red vespa. For all I know it could have really been Santa Clause... who knows what he does on his off season? The best part of this blessed scene playing out in front of my eyes, was not that I think I saw Santa Clause on a red vespa... but the fact that he was wearing ridiculous goggles and had a HUGE American flag waving from the tail of his "bike". Not the kind of flag that some people put on their car windows... it was a flag that people would hang up in front of their house, or put on a flag pole. It was that big.

Amazing.

2 comments:

ponch0 said...

Haha that is SO great! I would like to witness that for sure...

kayla rae said...

I am very jealous right now.